Partyline is the Alliance’s flagship publication. It is the magazine for good health and wellbeing in rural and remote Australia. It is a means of exchanging information between those with an interest in rural health. Partyline is your magazine. We seek your stories and news relating to the health and wellbeing of people living in rural and remote Australia. Contributions may cover, for example, successful local programs, leadership and empowerment, reflections on reform initiatives, opportunities for improved health, stories of personal and community commitment and resilience.
Partyline is an online magazine published four times a year. Its readers include people in rural and remote areas – both health professionals and health consumers – as well as health policymakers, rural health researchers, health students, universities, libraries, and rural and remote health services.
Submissions or queries should be sent to the editor at [email protected]
- Articles should be original and not appear elsewhere. Media releases will not be accepted.
- Articles should be around 600 words in length. Poems of up to 200 words, related to the theme, are also welcome.
- We generally accept only one article per organisation per issue.
- Articles that are strongly advertorial in nature may not be accepted.
- Please provide author name/s and affiliation/s for publication.
- Content should be supplied as a MS Word or rich text file; PDF files will not be accepted.
- Our language style is active voice.
- We do NOT use technical references in this story-style of magazine.
- Suggested titles should be no more than 10 words but may be changed for editorial reasons.
- Articles will be edited for Partyline style.
- The National Rural Health Alliance reserves the final judgement on acceptance of articles. Articles that do not meet the guidelines and the deadline will not be accepted.
- Please provide relevant photo/s to accompany the article as the main image/s. (Image selection and placement will be at the discretion of the designer.)
- Optional author headshot/s can also be included.
- Photo/s should be best possible quality and resolution in TIF, PNG or JPG file format.
- Images should be supplied as separate attachments to the copy, not embedded in the article or email.
- Please include photo caption/s and photographer name/s for crediting.
- If appropriate, videos can also be embedded in the article. Please provide a suitable URL.
If you would like to advertise in Partyline but are unsure of how to create your ad, we offer graphic design services for a reasonable fee. Please call 02 6285 4660 or email [email protected] to discuss your needs.
Placement of all ads is at the discretion of the Alliance. Image specifications shown below are preferred and recommended – please contact the editor to discuss variations.
For more information please contact the editor at [email protected]