The November 2018 issue of Partyline is now on the website.
This issue has a focus on chronic disease, leading off with Beryl Spencer’s powerful personal story of how her life has changed since being diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis. Other stories in this section address chronic pain, bone health, diabetes, health problems caused by biotoxins, and programs educating and supporting people to make lifestyle changes to manage or prevent chronic disease.
Other sections are:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health;
Rural health policy;
NRHA news; and
Other rural health
Click through for some great articles on:
- a collaborative project in country South Australia to manage chronic pain through multi-disciplinary care;
- how the community of Maningrida in the Northern Territory is tackling the scourge of rheumatic heart disease;
- Australia’s first bulk-billing telehealth psychology practice for rural and remote Australians;
- a cultural immersion experience when a group of Sydney secondary school students visited a remote Pilbara community;
- how health justice partnerships, where community lawyers are setting up shop inside hospitals and community health services, are thriving in rural areas;
- the business challenges in staffing, remuneration, regulation and funding that many rural pharmacies are facing; and
- the exciting program for the 15th National Rural Health Conference next March.
… and much, much more.
We welcome your feedback – you can comment on or like articles, share content on social media, or email us direct at [email protected]