Friends of the Alliance is united by a passion for improving the health and wellbeing of the people of rural and remote Australia.
Friends is a network of people and organisations that supports the objectives of the National Rural Health Alliance, Australia’s peak non-government organisation for rural and remote health.
Your generous support through Friends of the Alliance will help the Alliance work towards its Vision of "...healthy and sustainable rural, regional and remote communities".
The Alliance brings together the voices and commitment of our 44 Member Bodies to improve the health and wellbeing of the 7 million people in rural and remote Australia.
Fundamental to the Alliance’s work is the belief that, wherever you live, everyone should have the opportunity for equivalent access to comprehensive, high-quality and appropriate health services, and good health outcomes.
More information about the Alliance and the work it does can be found on the About Us page.
Friends keep the Alliance connected and informed
As a Friend you will have the opportunity to:
- support the work of the National Rural Health Alliance
- connect with other likeminded rural and remote people and organisations
- have your voice heard on the health needs of your community
- share positive solutions.
You can keep us informed by contributing to Partyline magazine, responding to news and opinion pieces on our website or contacting us personally by email or phone. Friends are encouraged to contact staff in the office or any member of the Friends Advisory Committee. In this way you will provide valuable grassroots connections to help the Alliance better understand the health issues affecting the lives of rural and remote Australians. You will be kept informed of Alliance activities and policies and you are encouraged to champion the work of the Alliance in your local community, in your family and personal networks, and through local media outlets.
Benefits of becoming a Friend
As a Friend you receive some special benefits to keep you connected, including:
- complimentary subscription to the Australian Journal of Rural Health for individual members
- discounted registration to the biennial National Rural Health Conference, Australia's pre-eminent event for rural and remote health
- Partyline, an online quarterly magazine produced by the Alliance that brings you news from rural and remote health
- access to the Alliance's monthly electronic newsletter, The BushWire.