The Australian Journal of Rural Health announces a forthcoming special issue: Educating Health Professionals for Rural and Remote Practice
Health professionals working in rural and remote practice face numerous challenges. This not only involves working across a broad range of practice areas, but also dealing with an increased burden of disease in their community, a smaller health workforce, ensuring cultural sensitivity, against a backdrop of professional and social isolation. This issue seeks to publish original research, policy analyses and commentaries on the ways education and support for health professionals can enhance the wellbeing of rural Australians.
Topics for the special issue
- Recruitment strategies for rural focussed university programs
- Developing models for rural clinical placements, particularly interprofessional placements
- Increasing the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workforce
- Educational pathways to improve post-graduate workforce development in rural and remote practice
- Rural “specialisation”
Call for Abstracts
The Guest Editors recommend that interested authors discuss planned contributions with them directly at email addresses provided above. Abstracts should be submitted via email to the AJRH Editorial Office firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm AEST 29 June 2020. Abstracts will be reviewed for suitability by the Guest Editors, with the support of the Editor-in-Chief, Russell Roberts. All abstract submissions will be replied to by 14 July 2020. Authors of successful abstracts will be provided with details for submission of a full manuscript by 5pm AEST 24 August 2020. All manuscript submissions will be subject to peer review; approval of an abstract for subsequent full manuscript submission is not a guarantee of publication; editorial decisions are final.
- Abstract submission deadline: 5pm AEST 29 June 2020
- Post-abstract approval full-manuscript invitations will be sent by: 5pm AEST 14 July 2020
- Submission of invited full manuscripts due: 5pm AEST 24 August 2020