Benefits of Alliance membership
- Direct involvement in advocacy and evidence-based policy in rural health
- Opportunity to influence government through an amplified, respected rural health voice
- Participate in exclusive rural health sector and government/industry briefings
- Voting rights on the governance of the Alliance and its strategic direction
- Networking opportunities with people invested in improving rural health outcomes
- Discounted access to webinars and events
- Free event listing and promotion
- Free subscription to an internationally respected, peer-reviewed rural health journal
- Access to more than 13,000 people across Australia who are passionate about rural health
Respected rural health advocate
The Alliance is for everyone engaged in rural health across Australia. Health care needs to be affordable and sustainable for the 7 million people who live in rural towns and districts and remote communities.
As a national member organisation, you advocate for equitable health care and help shape rural health policy.
The Alliance brings together member bodies, government, researchers and frontline health practitioners and administrators to address shortfalls in the rural health workforce and remove access barriers to improve the health and wellbeing of rural communities.
We are invited to participate in public policy inquiries and reviews, and the Alliance is a respected media commentator.
Making a difference
Members have a direct say in the work of the Alliance as we develop policy recommendations and guidance; and represent members on multiple government committees and forums relating to the health system and professional workforce in rural, regional and remote areas of Australia.
To support your organisation and members, the Alliance provides tools, information and resources about rural health research, policy and practice – through digital platforms, proactive news and webinars/workshops.
We hold regular exclusive rural health sector and government/industry briefings.
Building and sharing rural health knowledge with the world
The Alliance hosts Australia’s flagship rural health conference and the highly esteemed rural health research symposium.
We own the globally respected, peer-reviewed Australian Journal of Rural Health (AJRH). Your membership includes free subscription to the latest international and national research in rural health.
Members’ work and messages can be shared with the Alliance’s significant subscriber database of more than 13,000 stakeholders in rural health.
Please call the Secretariat on 02 6285 4660 if you would like further information about Alliance membership.