Manager, Media and Communications
Closing Date: 9 Aug 2019
- Excellent opportunity to work with a leading national organisation in the not-for-profit sector
- Rewarding and meaningful role with a dedicated team of professionals
- Full-time position based in Canberra
- Competitive remuneration package including 10.5% super and salary packaging options
The National Rural Health Alliance Ltd is Australia's peak non-government body for rural and remote health. The Alliance works closely with its 41 member organisations to achieve better health outcomes for people living in rural and remote Australia.
The National Rural Health Alliance (the Alliance) is seeking a Manager, Media and Communications with strong writing and contemporary communication skills to manage the Alliance’s media and communication activities.
The role will assist the organisation and the Chief Executive Officer to engage with media, government and a range of key stakeholders, to promote the Alliance’s strategic direction.
The key requirements of the position include:
- High-level writing skills including writing/editing copy for a range of audiences.
- High-level interpersonal and oral communication skills with proven ability to work as a member of a small team, as well as with the media, government and other external organisations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and success in implementing communications programs and providing advice and support to a broad range of stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret specialist information and arguments and present in plain English so it can be understood.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and issues relevant to rural and remote health in Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active in preparing a range of communications that promote the key activities of the organisation to a range of audiences using a range of platforms.
- Strong digital, broadcast and print media skills including a contemporary knowledge and experience in the effective use of social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly, independently and within a team environment, to plan and prioritise work flow to meet deadlines and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Highly developed computer skills, including proficiency using Microsoft™ Office, Outlook, web browsers, and current and emerging social media platforms.
To be successful in this role you will have an understanding and appreciation of the health needs of people in rural, regional and remote Australia. You will also understand the workings of government, the media and the health sector, and will be experienced in translating complex information into plain English for diverse audiences on a range of platforms.
You will have experience in similar roles and have demonstrated skills in media management and communication strategy development. You will get along well with people and be comfortable working in an open plan office as part of a small team.
This full-time position offers a salary range of ($90,000 - $100,000 pa), flexible working conditions, generous salary packaging and 10.5% employer superannuation.
Applications should include your current resume, evidence of skills and experience against each selection criteria in the Position Description, and the names and contact details of two referees. Your application should be received by email to Sue Pagura (email@example.com) by no later than 5.00pm, Friday, 9 August 2019.
For further information please contact Gabrielle O’Kane, Chief Executive Officer, National Rural Health Alliance on 02 6285 4660.