Call for Abstracts - CLOSED
If you would like to present a paper or a poster at the 16th National Rural Health Conference in Perth, 30 May – 1 June 2022, submitting an abstract is the first step.
Open: 1 June 2021
Close: 8 August 2021
We would encourage you to consider presenting your work around the Conference’s general theme: Bridging social distance; Rural health innovating and collaborating.
Some specific examples of topics you might select are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing
- Adolescent health
- Alternative funding models of care
- Chronic illness and disabilities
- Culturally safe workplaces
- Determinants of health
- Digital health and data
- Ears and eyes
- Engaging with consumers
- Environmental challenges
- Mental health, social and emotional wellbeing
- Healthy aging
- Health consumers
- Men’s health
- Oral health
- Palliative care
- People in new places (migrants, refugees)
- Pre-conception health – the first 1,000 days, early childhood and maternal health
- Preventative health
- Progressing health through the arts
- Remote health issues (Island-based health (e.g. Flinders, Christmas, Antarctic, Kangaroo)
- Rural and remote health workforce issues, education, training rural placements
- Service and systems
- Sustainable development
- Translating research into practice
- Women’s health
- Workforce and training pathways
There will be ample opportunity in concurrent sessions for a significant number of 20-minute presentations and there will be a poster display on-site over the three days of the event.
The Conference Program Committee will determine the details of the concurrent sessions, including the mix of papers and posters.
Successful authors may be offered the presentation type of their choice either oral, lightening or poster presentation.
The Abstract Guidelines will provide full details of the topics and assessment criteria used to select abstracts; the priority issues that might be covered, the terms and conditions, format and submission methods; details about academic papers; and a timeline of key dates for abstracts.