Applications for 2018 now open.
The NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship aims to support a student with strong links to regional New South Wales to train for a professional dental career. The scholarship is awarded annually to a student commencing dentistry studies.
The one-year scholarship has a value of $4,800. The scholarship holder will also have access to mentoring support from an experienced dentist who is based in regional New South Wales. The NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship is supported by Senator John Williams, The Nationals Senator for NSW, and is administered by the National Rural Health Alliance. When he announced the establishment of the scholarship Senator Williams said:
"The last available figures are a stark reminder of the lack of oral health specialists in regional areas where there are just 30 per 100,000 people compared with double that number in major cities. Remote areas fare even worse with just 20 dentists per 100,000 people. I hope in some small way this scholarship will eventually assist a country community."
Senator John Williams with current and former NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship holders at Charles Sturt University, Orange.
From left to right - Amelia Judson (2013), Alayne White (2012), Jessica Powell (2011), Senator Williams
Previous scholarship holders
- 2017 - Casey Hogben from Parkes, enrolled in Bachelor of Dental Science, Charles Sturt University
- 2016 - Leazelle Graham from Wellington, enrolled in Doctor of Dental Medicine, University of Sydney
- 2016 - Melissa Stevens from Dubbo, enrolled in Bachelor of Health Sciences in Dentistry / Master of Dentistry, La Trobe University
- 2015 - Mathew Mc Greal from Orange, enrolled in Bachelor of Dental Science, Charles Sturt University
- 2014 - Jarrod Brice from Eustan NSW, enrolled in Bachelor of Dental Surgery, University of Adelaide
- 2013 - Amelia Judson from Bogan Gate, enrolled in the Bachelor of Dental Science, Charles Sturt University, Orange
- 2012 - Alayne White from Cowra, enrolled in Bachelor of Dental Science, Charles Sturt University, Orange
- 2011 - Jessica Powell from Tamworth, enrolled in Bachelor of Dental Science, Charles Sturt University, Orange
- 2010 - Olivia Jom, from Albury, enrolled in Bachelor of health Sciences in Dentistry, La Trobe University Bendigo
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1800 460 440 (free call) or 02 6285 4660 Mail: NSW Regional Dentistry Scholarship, National Rural Health Alliance, PO Box 280 DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600