FIXING RURAL AND REMOTE HEALTH
Tuesday, 22 November 2016.
Three prominent experts outlined key reform priorities in rural and remote health in an Address at the National Press Club of Australia.
These priorities include the need for greater fairness for the seven million Australians who live outside metropolitan areas, and the potential for increased productivity and economic growth if the disparities in health outcomes between rural and remote residents, and city residents, can be closed.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Register before 31 January 2017 to take advantage of a discounted registration fee.
BECOME A SPONSOR/EXHIBITOR
Join more than 1,200 delegates at the most important event for rural and remote health of 2017.
The 14th National Rural Health Conference is part of A World of Rural Health, an international event that also includes the WONCA 14th World Rural Health Conference. To take full advantage of this once-only event, register for both conferences and receive a discounted rate.
Caring for Country Kids Conference
This conference was held 17-19 April 2015 in Alice Springs, NT - jointly organised by Children’s Healthcare Australasia (CHA) and the National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA). It was a national conference on quality healthcare for children and young people living in rural, regional and remote communities across Australia.
The National Rural Health Alliance holds public seminars, sometimes in conjunction with the face-to-face meeting of its Council, and sometimes in collaboration with other organisations. The general purpose of these is to inform people about important issues that affect the health of people in rural and remote Australia and to provide a networking opportunity for those interested in the special topics selected. These seminars or policy forums also provide the opportunity for people to meet in person with members of the Alliance’s Council and staff.
Proceedings of these seminars can be found below. You will find presentations, transcripts, biographies, photographs and audio files where available.
- December 2015 - Getting to know Modified Monash
- August 2013 - NRHA 2013 Election Charter Launch
- August 2012 - Why has dental health been getting the brush off?
- April 2012 - NRHA/AHHA Rural and Remote Policy Think Tank
- August 2010 - Infrastructure, rural and remote communities and good health
- November 2009 - From creative ageing to the end of life in rural and remote Australia
- September 2008 - National planning in the rural and remote health sector
- September 2007 - Election 2007
- August 2007 - The health and wellbeing of refugees in rural and remote Australia
- March 2007 - Health and equality in a generation: a rural action plan
- October 2006 - Key issues in rural and remote health
- November 2005 - Health and wellbeing in remote Australia