- $120,000 - $130,000 + 10.5% superannuation
- All encompassing, operational role with financial, governance, staff and HR responsibilities
- Deputy to the CEO
The National Rural Health Alliance is Australia's peak non-government organisation for rural and remote health. The National Rural Health Alliance (the Alliance) is seeking to appoint a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who will also act as deputy to the CEO.
The COO is a senior position with multiple accountabilities across it's remit including providing leadership, direction and accountability for your team and ensuring that the quality and performance and our governance/ compliance fits with our funding requirements. You will also be responsible for the oversight of our finance and HR functions and provide strategic input to these functions.
We seek a COO who has sound knowledge within the NGO space and ideally a high level of understanding of the health sector including rural health. You will have significant experience in across-continuum leadership and management. You are a strong people leader, dedicated, focused and empathetic to lead a small team.
As the successful applicant you will be able to demonstrate a track record of outstanding achievement in corporate governance, budget management and staff leadership, working collaboratively and making sound decisions in a changing environment.
The position will directly support the CEO in providing strategic leadership and developing the Alliance policy positions that aim to inform and influence rural and remote health reform, policy development and implementation.
Based in Canberra, other key requirements of the role will include:
- Proven track record as a strategic thinker and significant experience in policy formulation and provision of high-level policy advice.
- Strong governance skills, with particularly strong influencing, negotiation and networking competency.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and engage members in policy development, projects, program delivery and governance.
- Excellent organisation and people skills, including corporate management expertise.
- Knowledge and experience of working with governments and departments.
Your successful career is built upon your business acumen, your ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbal, your solid evidence based decision making abilities and your empathy towards the lives of our current and future generations health.
On offer to the successful applicant is an extremely generous salary package including base salary + super as well as a role that you can truly take ownership of and make your own
View the Position Description
To apply visit: